My my My my

Referee Certification, Recertification and Training

Refereeing is an excellent way to make money while staying involved in the sport you love. Referees are needed for both Recreation and Travel soccer at all age levels. In order to referee in WWPSA or any other town, you must be licensed as follows:

  • To referee recreational soccer games you need to obtain at least a Grade 9 license. You have to be 14 or older to take the one day Grade 9 course.
  • To referee travel or recreational soccer games you need to obtain a Grade 8 license. You have to be 16 to take the two day plus pre-work Grade 8 course.

In addition you need to maintain your referee license (both Grade 9 or 8 licenses) by completing a recertification course every year between November and February.
All the above courses are held by the NJ Referee Committee. Go to http://www.njrefs.com to learn more about becoming a referee and additional details about the courses including a list of course dates and also online registration for the courses.